Bucher Gianni was born in Milan in 1947. From 1964 to 1970 he attended the School of Applied Arts, annexed to the Castello Sforzesco and completed his studies with nude courses in Brera. The first exhibition dates back to 1966 but he had to wait until 1971 to receive his first invitation to participate in a collective of graphics at the Arengario in Milan.
In 1969 he began his activity as medalist and sculptor and since then he has attended more than 200 exhibitions. He had over thirty solo-shows and he has exhibited abroad in Switzerland, France, Germany, Turkey and Japan. Today, it is possible to find his works in over fifteen museums.